Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Video Camera

Sadly, our Sony Handycam video camera passed away on Saturday. We've had it for over 5 years, so it's had a good life, but I was so sad it died!! Just when I finally figured out how to upload videos to the blog! Arg!! It wasn't the most efficient way though, since the camera records onto tape and I still had to digitize the video to get it uploaded to the blog.

Fortunately, for my birthday in January, Jorge got me a new camera. I contemplated getting a DSLR for more professional pictures, but I don't know how to work it and I really just don't have the time to figure it out with a new baby. So we looked into the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 which is supposed to be really good, without having to learn all the manual settings of a DSLR. It also has video capability, but I hadn't quite figured it out yet. Well, now that our HandyCam broke, I figured now was the time to give it a shot. And YAY!!! I did it! Now our videos will be in HD and are much more crisp and the audio is sooo much better! Plus, they'll be uploaded to YouTube. We're in with the times! Looks like our old camera breaking was actually a blessing in disguise!

Here's a cute clip Jorge took on Feb. 28th. Jorge was playing with her when he and Jumbo Dumbo encounter a stinky poopoo! So funny! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails