Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mila and Mia

Our friends Amanda and Bob had us over for dinner yesterday. We had a wonderful time talking about our sweet little girls! I love seeing Mila and Mia together, they are just so adorable! When I got home, I went to transfer the pictures to my computer and then I thought I accidently deleted them. I was sooo sad. But turns out I did save them!

This first pic is my favorite: their eyes are so wide open! LOL!





Dinner was great, but dessert was amazing! Bob's mom, Celeste, was there and she made THE most delicious dessert called Italian Love Cake. Jorge and I had never heard of it. Once we tried it, she told us the secret ingredient: ricotta cheese! I was so surprised! It was seriously amazing... it was smooth and airy... cakey and moussey... mmmmmmmm! Amanda emailed me the recipe and here it is. Give it a try! It was oh so good!!

Italian Love Cake

1 Duncan Hines Marble Cake mix - mix as directed on the box. Put in greased & floured 9X13X2 cake pan (or 2 10" round cake pan)

Mix the following ingrediant WELL:
2lbs Ricotta Cheese
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs (beat in 1 at a time)

Spoon the ricotta mixture over uncooked cake mix. Level as well as possible.
Bake 1 hr for 9X13 pan or 50 to 55 mins 10" round pans

When cooled, spread on:
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (small)
1 cup milk
Mix until thickened
8 oz. cool whip - blend well with pudding
Use as icing. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Refrigerrate at least 4 hours.



I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the cake before Jorge and I gobbled it up, so I found this one online. The one Celeste made had yummy peacans sprinkled on top. My mouth is watering just looking at it! Soooo good!

1 comment:

  1. The girls look at sweet as the cake. What a couple of cuties!

    ReplyDelete

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails