Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mila's Baptism

Today was Mila's big day! She was baptized this morning. It was beautiful. I got a bit teary eyed when I thought of how big a deal this was. This is the first sacrament she's recieving and I couldn't help but imagine her going through them as I did, especially being here in the same church where just 3 years ago Jorge and I were married... here we were with the same priest in front of us, now baptizing our child... oh how time flies! She looked absolutely precious. My aunt Tia Elisa, my dad's sister in Colombia, made the gown especially for Mila and sent it to us months before she was born. I've been so looking forward to this day to put it on her! She looks beautiful! My Tia Elisa is so amazingly talented! The dress is just precious!




We chose Jorge's sister Blanca and my unlce Ricky as the Godparents. We can't imagine her being guided by more loving people. :)



After the ceremony, we took a ton of pictures. And when I say a ton, I'm not exaggerating -- I literally mean a TON. My family is seriously the paparazzi. They take a million and one pictures of the same thing. We must have the entire baptism taken from every possible angle!

Mila was great! The priest poured water over her forehead and she didn't cry at all. She didn't start crying until afterwards, during our paparazzi photo session. While we took the pictures, we all had to sway in unison to calm her down! It was hilarious! She eventually settled down when she discovered the lighting above and she stared at them until she eventually fell asleep.

We ended up staying almost an hour after the ceremony taking pictures in the church. We were there so long that the priest and the assistant had to literally kick us out. They turned off the lights, turned off the AC and locked all the doors except one! If they hadn't started closing up, who knows how much longer we would've been! LOL! My sister even said she saw the priest had come back out after a while, saw us, shook his head and then went back in. He must've thought we were crazy!

After the baptism, we had a small lunch in one of the meeting rooms of our apartment building. It was so nice of everyone to join us! Thank you to everyone for driving up to share this beautiful day with Mila! :)
































3 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful! It was a beautiful day!

    Auntie Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I especially love the pictures in front of the stained glass window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely..too bad we missed it.... buuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails