Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Night Routine... Another Change

So for the last few weeks we've had a new nighttime routine. Mila's been sleeping great, she's gone up to 6 hours straight! Since I've had the clogged ducts, I'm no longer pumping during the night and I'm sleeping much better. No more pumping at 3am! Horray! But in order to avoid the clogged ducts, instead of Jorge giving her a bottle of pumped milk like we used to, I'm nursing her to sleep. Which is fine -- I do miss my "me time" at the end of the day when Jorge would put her to sleep, but it wasn't so bad. She'd pass out right away after nursing and we'd put her in her bassinet without any problems. It was great! It was going wonderfully!

Except now... for the last few days... it's been a bit rough. She's no longer falling asleep on the boob. Instead she's nursing for an hour, dozes, but as soon as Jorge picks her up, she's wide awake! Last night it took us two and a half hours to put her to sleep! Ack! What's going on??!

They say that at 4 months everything changes. Mila is 3.5 months. At 4 months, there's something called "four month wakeful" where a baby that normally sleeps well suddenly is awake more often. It's because of all the milestones their going through: rolling over, finding their hands/feet, binocular vision, sitting up and the big one is just around the corner: teething! (Can I tell you how much my nipples are dreading it?) I'm hoping this will be a short phase. It's so hard to do the nighttime routine now. Figures that the moment you figure something out, it changes!

Speaking of sleep, here's a video of Mila napping on me in her baby carrier as I'm typing this. She gets the snoring from her daddy - HILARIOUS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails