Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Grandmother's 81st Birthday Party

My Grandmother turned 81 on Thursday so my family had a big get together on Saturday to celebrate. It was great -- almost everyone was there! But it was packed! It's funny, there hasn't been a baby in my family for several years and needless to say, everyone is so excited to see her... so much so that we barely made it through the door, when we were attacked by uncles and aunts and cousins that all want to see her and hold her! It was like out of a movie-- so funny! We were literally trapped in the entrance hallway! I wish I had taken a picture, it was crazy! I always get a little worried when there are so many people around her -- I know I'm a bit overprotective, but I know I get overwhelmed with so many people, -- I can only imagine it's overwhelming for Mila as well. Also, she'd barely napped all day. She's usually slept maybe 3-4 hours by the time we got there, but she'd only napped maybe an hour. I was afraid she'd get fussy. By the time we left I swear I could FEEL her exhaustion. I knew she was tired. She cried a little bit, but passed out in the car. Whew! But then we had to stop at Babies R Us on the way and she woke up. She was fine initially, but then she was super cranky when we left. We even had to pull over to feed her. We didn't get home till late and by then we were all exhausted. But it was worth it -- it was nice to see everyone, even if it was only for a little bit! :)

We'll be going down again to visit for Mother's Day in a couple of weeks-- let's hope it's a bit smoother!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails