Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Yesterday Mila celebrated her first Easter! When I was growing up, my family had a low-key Easter celebration. Maybe we'd go to mass, but that was it. The one year we really celebrated, I remember we decorated some hard boiled eggs and we decided to hide them around the house. (Ummmmmmm, in case you don't see where this is going, it's NOT a good idea to hide real eggs around the house.) Well, as you can imagine, we didn't realize we were missing an egg, and days later my sister Cathy and I were wondering what was so stinky in our room? We did eventually find it -- and that was the end of hiding real eggs. Another year my mom hid plastic eggs around the house, but she hid them empty (LOL!) and Cathy and I weren't really all that enthused about finding empty eggs, go figure!

Jorge's Easter experience was the complete opposite! He talks so fondly of his Easter egg hunting days and how the Easter Bunny came and hid eggs filled with candy around the house -- even hid a big Easter basket!! I was thrilled to hear his Easter tradition we thought it would be great if the Easter Bunny made a stop at the Granja household to visit Mila. So on Sunday morning, Mila and I began our hunt for Easter eggs. Mila guided me and one by one, we found them all. So much chocolate! AND a big Easter basket with more candy and a big chocolate bunny! Oohhhhhh, Mommy was soooooo happy! Hahaha! Mila had lots of fun too!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails