Friday, September 30, 2011

Team Heike!!

Over the summer, our friend Heike (Audrey's mom) was diagnosed with breast cancer. I can't tell you how heartbreaking it was to hear the news. But if anyone can get through this, it's Heike. She's a wonderful, loving, strong, brave woman and there is no doubt in my mind she'll get through this tough time! Heike is going to kick cancer in the ASS!!! :)

To show our support, Claudia came up with the idea of doing the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer walk  next month. It's such a wonderful idea! So I made some shirts for everyone and we surprised her with the idea today. Unfortunately for me, the walk is October 15th and my due date is October 20th. Heaven forbid I were to go into labor during the walk!!! So I won't be able to participate. :(  The thought occurred to me that maybe I could just go and cheer them on, but the walk is in Miami, about an hour south from here - and I'm planning on delivering in Boca, which is 45 minutes north from here! I was  so bummed not to be able to go. So in lieu of participating, we donated to help find a cure. You can donate too!

http://miamiftl.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/MIA_MiamiFtLauderdaleAffiliate?pg=team&fr_id=2299&team_id=183451










We love you, Heike!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails