Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mila's First Birthday Party

Since Mila's birthday falls on a Tuesday, we decided to throw Mila a little birthday party with my mom and my mom's family in Miami today. The theme was pinwheels and kites! Here are the invitations I made:



My uncle Ricky and aunt Martha were so wonderful and let us host it at their house. They were amazing in helping us decorate and helping us set up. My sister Cathy made Mila's cake... isn't it adorable? Totally fits the theme! Everything came out beautiful and we had a great time. And Mila got to eat some cake too! What a great party!




Cathy and I made the flowers for the cupcakes




Cathy's cake came out so beautiful! I love how simple it is. Classic. And the kite - love it! 



My mom with my uncle Rafa


My grandmother


Ricky, Martha with Jorge, Mila and I


With my mom and Cathy


"Happy birthday to Mila!"


Yummy cake!


It was great celebrating with my mom and the family. We had a really nice time. We're planning another party for next Sunday too - this one is more of a playdate with Mila's friends. I know, I know -- it sounds crazy to have two parties, but it's really better this way. My family is in Miami so it's more convenient for this one to be down there, for one. And two, they all want to spend time with Mila! If there are other babies there, she's going to want to play with her friends! Besides, this way, it's two small parties, instead of one giant one and I'll actually get to spend time with family and friends. So we get to do this all over again next weekend! I know, I drive myself crazy too sometimes. Luckily, I haven't gone so crazy as to plan 2 different themes for the parties - so I'll be using the same decorations and same menu. Whew! I've been planning and working so hard on these two parties these last few weeks! As much as I love party planning and I've been looking forward to Mila's parties, I'll be relieved when it's over and we can just focus on playtime! :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails