Friday, December 24, 2010

Family Christmas Project

For the last two years, I've been doing a family Christmas project as a Christmas gift. I love making something useful and meaningful, instead of just buying something random that they may or may not like. For Christmas 2008, I made a family recipe book with all of my grandmother's recipes in it. I printed a copy for everyone and they loooooved it! 



For Christmas 2009, I packed up my laptop and my giant scanner, drove down to Miami and spent the whole weekend scanning all of my grandmother's old pictures. I made a CD of over 1,400 pictures of my mom and my uncles and aunts' childhood. I chose one picture for each one and framed it and gave it to them with a copy of the CD. They were blown away.



This year, I've been so busy with Mila, I hadn't really planned anything and then at the last minute, I was inspired by my friend Gaby who made Mila a gorgeous family tree, and thought I could give it a shot. Here's a picture of what they'll be opening up tonight!



I love these projects! I love making something that is useful and family oriented. What will I do for 2011? I have an idea brewing... we'll see next December! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails