Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

38 weeks, 1 day pregnant

Can't believe it's Christmas! Almost seems like it just came and went in a blur. My family celebrates on Christmas Eve with a family get together at my grandmother's house and my mom and grandmother make THE most delicious dinner. Then we open gifts at midnight! It's always a lot of fun seeing everyone and catching up. But after seeing how hard the hour long drive to Miami was last month for Thanksgiving and with me being 9 months pregnant now, we decided it was best to stay close to home. Besides, the hospital I want to give birth at is in Boca and driving an hour south (which would make it almost two hours south from the hospital) when I am just 2 weeks away from my due date just didn't seem practical. Not to mention that my feet get ridiculously swollen now and I have to put them up every couple of hours. If I don't, they start to hurt! :(

So this year Jorge and I spent it at home. It almost didn't seem like Christmas to me and as much as my family can drive me crazy sometimes, I really missed seeing them and spending time with them. Not to mention my mom's wonderful cooking!

Instead, Jorge and I stayed home and Jorge was soooo excited because they were showing his favorite football game on ESPN Classics of the 49ers vs. the Cowboys in the NFC Championship from 1982. They haven't shown the game in its entirety since original broadcast when Jorge watched it when he was 11 years old. He was like a kid waiting to watch the best game of his life, haha! The game is better known as "The Catch" where Joe Montana throws the ball to Dwight Clark and scores the winning touchdown in the last minute of the game that takes the niners to the Superbowl -- where they end up winning what will be the first of their 5 Superbowls. Jorge is so proud of that fact, despite that the niners haven't been doing so well these last few years. He's a "49er Faithful"!



I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but we watched it together and it was so funny to watch Jorge get all worked up during the game! It was almost like he didn't know how it was going to end! Oh, he cracks me up! He was so stressed! It was so sweet to see him enjoy his favorite team in their heyday. It was not what I pictured myself doing on Christmas, but we still had a good time. :) It was a really great game, if you haven't seen it, here's a 2 minute clip:



Today, Christmas Day, we had a small get together at our place. It was just my mom, my dad, Cathy, Jorge and I this year. Blanca is a bit sick so she wasn't able to come and Cindy is in Hungary visiting family. We missed having them!

Cathy and my mom came over and they made the turkey. I made some stuffing, cauliflower "mashed potatoes", corn and biscuits. It came out great! Since my feet have been swelling so badly, I've had to cut out most sodium from my diet but I made a bit of an exception for today -- it's Christmas! It was nice to eat something tasty. :)

As you can see, everyone wanted a picture with Baby G! LOL, I felt like Buddah!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails