Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Trimester Woes

8 weeks, 3 days pregnant

Initially, I thought I was so lucky that I had no symptoms! No nausea, nothing. A little bit of bloating and heartburn, but nothing too serious. Now... let me just say... I spoke too soon. Since the weekend of the 16th, (about 6 weeks 2 days) the nausea started. Queasiness and all around uneasiness in my stomach. It was really bad. For the last two weeks it's been awful, I even had to take a couple of days off from work! My mom was so sweet and came over to take care of me during the day while Jorge was at work. I was so glad we had Memorial Day weekend so I could recouperate! Last week I even was sick at work... Oh, Baby G! What are you doing to me?

I had been trying to go as long as I could without medication and trying to find natural remedies, but nothing helped! I tried ginger candies, ginger tea, chamomile tea, crackers... nothing worked! The nausea was getting so bad I was hardly eating or sleeping and we finally had to call the doctor for some medicine. I've only taken it when it gets really bad, but it does help.

Jorge has been wonderful though. He's been cooking and cleaning and taking care of me. He's been so sweet! He even made me some of my mom's chicken soup that he knows I love! So thoughtful! I love my husband!

This past weekend was better, although I still don't feel like myself. I'm really tired and I'm not getting a lot of sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night with my stomach growling/gurgling. I've been reading that these symptoms rarely persist after the 12th week, so I'm counting down the days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails