Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Prenatal Appointment

5 weeks, 6 days pregnant

I had my first prenatal appointment today. Jorge is in NY for work until Saturday, but we had agreed that it was best to have the appointment sooner than later. Besides, there wouldn't be an ultrasound so we thought it was ok he wouldn't be there. I was a bit nervous though, so I asked my mom and Cindy (ok, they volunteered!) to come with me. Cindy brought her camera and took some pictures.

The appointment went well. I really love my doctor. She was very patient with all my questions and is so incredibly nice! I'm really happy with her. I thought there would be some kind of blood test or something to confirm the pregnancy, but there wasn't. It was a routine exam and then I asked my questions. She gave me an estimated due date of January 5th, 2010 (3 days after my birthday!) and she estimated that I'm about 5 and a half weeks along. I should be seeing her every month from now until I'm 28 weeks, when I'll start seeing her every two weeks. Then after 32 weeks, I'll see her once a week.

My next appointment is June 1st, where hopefully we'll have our first ultrasound!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails