Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

6 weeks pregnant

Happy Mother's Day! Today Jorge and I told the news to my grandmother and to my mom's family. We went to the Mother's Day get-together at my grandmother's house where most of my family had gathered for a BBQ. My uncle Ricky and aunt Martha did a fabulous job cooking! The food was delicious.

Jorge and I decided to wait until the end of the party when my grandmother was opening her gifts to share the news. I had written it in her Mother's Day card. We asked her to read it outloud. It said something along the lines of how special she is to us and what a wonderful grandmother and mother she is and that I hoped to be as wonderful a mom as she has been when our baby is born in January of next year. When she got to the end everyone gasped and cheered! They were all so happy for us! It's been a long time since there was a little baby in the family and it was so very exciting! It would also be my mom's first grandchild, so they were all thrilled for her too! My aunt Carmen Julia and my cousin Lily were already talking about crocheting something for him/her, haha!

It was nice to have my grandmother be the one to announce it. It really meant a lot to her!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails