Saturday, November 26, 2011

Santa's Enchanted Forest

Growing up in Miami, Santa's Enchanted Forest was THE place to be over the holidays! I was so excited to go with the girls this year. It's a Christmas themed fair with food, games and rides. Of course I could care less about the rides or games, I'm all about the fair food!! And of course, since it's in Miami, there's a bit of latin influence. You can find elephant ears, corn on the cob, sausage, shish kabobs, as well as arepas, empanadas and carne asada! My mom and my sister Cathy live about 20 minutes away from there, so we called them up and met them there.

The first mile in the park is filled with Christmas displays and lights and then there's a ton of food. I was so excited! Seeing all the lights brought me back to when I was a kid. I remember my dad brought us a few times and I remember being in awe of everything. I hoped Mila would enjoy it as much as I remember I did back then. It was hard to tell if she really liked it at first, but then she wanted to get out of the stroller and I could tell she was totally loving it.



Mila was fascinated by the kids on the carousel!


Can you say yum??



There was a pony ride and we thought Mila would enjoy it - she did! 



Although, I'll be honest... I was so sad watching those ponies - they didn't look happy at all! Jorge agreed and we decided we wouldn't ride one again. So sad!!






Emmy is in the carrier!



Once Mila got out of the stroller, it got to the point that she didn't want to go back in, but instead wanted to be carried. As much as we encouraged Cathy and my mom not to carry her and to let her walk, they said they couldn't help but give in and pick her up. What a work out!

Then we headed back to the carousel. Can you tell I'm excited?




That's Emmy in the carrier, by the way. And yes, she's in there nursing! 


What a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails