Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Playdate at Mila's

Today I had our Mommy friends over for a lunch playdate. I'd been nervous about hosting since our apartment isn't very big, but I really wanted to have the Mommies over. I was expecting 9 Mommies with 9 babies to come, but at the last minute two weren't able to make it. It was still a lot of us though! Thank goodness that Blanca came over to play with Mila while I got everything ready! And she even stayed during the playdate, which was a huge help! Mila demands so much attention, I realized it would've been hard to be a good host and tend to Mila at the same time! Thank God for Blanca's help!



It was so nice having all our friends over, although, looking back, I probably should've just ordered food instead of making it. Would've saved so much time! And I think I took out too many toys. There were toys everywhere! I think the babies could barely walk! Haha, well, at least now I know for next time.










After lunch, I thought I'd share our news with the Mommies. We don't plan on announcing it publicly until I'm further along, but I knew I had to tell the Mommies. I mean, they're the Mommies!!! I knew they'd be wonderful and supportive and we're all going through the same things together with our little ones. I was so excited to tell them. I'm the first one of our little group to get pregnant with number 2.

So I did the same thing I did with my parents. I went to change Mila's diaper and changed her shirt to the one that I'd made that said "Big Sister" (this one was in english). I went out and told them about the iron on shirt that I'd made and wanted to show them. They all caught on pretty quick! They were so excited for us - they couldn't believe it! I was so happy to share our wonderful news with them. Now I just need one (or more!) of them to join me! I need a pregnancy buddy!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails