Friday, June 4, 2010

We've Moved Out... :(

As I mentioned in my previous post from May 10th, "Mila Moved Out" Mila has moved from her bassinet in our room, into her crib in her room next door. Her room used to be our guest room/office so we had a queen sized bed in there, so Jorge and I decided to move to her room with her. It's been a little over 3 weeks since the move, and ever since we've been talking about when we should move out. I really don't want to move out and neither does Jorge, but we know we should. And soon. She's already 5 months old and I've read that by 6 months old, babies are much more aware of their surroundings, and I would hate for her to start realizing that we're right next to her ever night, and then when we move out, she'll cry because she realizes we're not there anymore. Ugh. And as hard as it is for us to move out and leave her alone, (she's been sleeping within eye distance since she was born!!) we keep telling ourselves, "Better us than her." We'd rather just deal with the move now rather than her deal with the move later.

Anyway, we'd been talking about it, but hadn't decided when we were going to do it, and last night Jorge threw me for a loop when he suggested that we should just sleep in the other room. I immediately burst into tears -- I was so not ready to move out!! But he was right... if we gave it too much thought and set a date to move out, I know I'd be so anxious about it and it would just keep being postponed. It's better we just do it cold turkey. So I reluctantly agreed.

"So who gets the monitor tonight?" he asked.

That was the other issue we kept debating. Should we get another monitor so we can both check on her during the night? If I woke up and it was on his nightstand, I'd have to get up to go check, and vice versa. We have a video monitor that we can just click on to see if she's ok, and when the video is off, the audio stays on. It's so easy just to take a quick look when we hear her stir. Neither one of us wanted to sleep without the monitor... so we compromised... we slept with the monitor in our bed, right between our pillows. I cuddled up next to it and to her little toy, Frenchie that she had left on our bed when we'd played with her before bedtime. His hair was all wet from her drool. I could still smell her on it.

I still cried about her being so far away, but it helped me feel better to know I could still see her, hear her and even smell her... I miss my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails