Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Infant Massage

I'd heard about infant massage a while ago and it's been in my head to look into it, but I hadn't gotten around to it. Then at our Mommy Group one of the girls brought in a bunch of her baby items she no longer needed and was giving away. One of them was this book, called "Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents" by Vimala Schneider McClure. So over the next few days that followed, I read the book while I nursed Mila. So interesting! It's an older book and the pictures are a bit dated, but the content was really very good. It talks about how important massage is for baby and how it's a great way to bond with them. It's stimulating and provides time to spend with baby where you can have lots of eye contact. Imagine how good it feels to get a massage as an adult, how great must it feel for a baby? I started doing it from the first day I read about it! It gives you a step by step, illustrated guide on how to massage baby. A great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails