Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dustan Baby Language

When Mila was first born, our friend Spencer lent us this great video Dustan Baby Language. A woman who has a keen sense of sound (she can play back music after only hearing it once), realized that her baby cried differently for each need and realized the pattern for each cry. Jorge and I watched the video when Mila was about a month old and it really helped. I'm not sure if we're able to pin point each cry exactly, but thanks to this video, I can almost tell whenever Mila has a burp! It's a really interesting concept.

The video explains that when babies' cry sounds like "neh" it means hungry, "eh" means burp, "air" means gassy, "heh" means uncomfortable and "ow" means tired. I try to listen for the cry, but I can't always tell. The video gives lots of examples of crying babies so you can hear what it sounds like when they make the sounds. I thought it was helpful!

Here's a clip of her on Oprah:



And here's a clip from the actual video, where she covers the first word: "neh" which means hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails