Friday, September 24, 2010

Mila Recommends: Boon Spoon

So let me tell you about the Boon Spoon...



We discovered it at our Mommy's Group a few months ago, when we saw one of the moms using it for her daughter. It looked so practical that I had to get one for Mila. The way it works is the clear part at the spoon end detaches from the colored part of the handle and you fill it with baby food. There's a little hole that squirts the food out to the spoon area with just a squeeze. Really easy to use. The spoon has a little lid on it that keeps food from squirting out, which makes it portable. Love it!

Here are other reasons why I like it:

1.) You only need to carry one item for food instead of spoons and jars. Convenient.
2.) Squirts out food to the top of the spoon, so there's no food on the underside of the spoon that gets wiped on the chin of your baby... this means less mess.
3.) Instead of dipping and re-dipping her spoon in a jar, only the food on the spoon touches her mouth, so the food in the rest of the jar is not contaminated and can be saved for later. 

This is my new travel feeding utensil. Very handy!

The picture above is Mila and I having lunch at a restaurant with our Mommy's Group. It was Mila's first time in a restaurant high chair and the first time eating solids while out. It wasn't too hard. I didn't have a cover for the high chair, so I wiped it down and put a blankie on it. A cover is next on my list of things to buy. Or maybe a travel booster seat. A good high chair cover is hard to find (I want one that's fluffy, yet compact and that you can put it on with one hand). I haven't found one yet that meets my criteria. A booster seat is a possibility, but seems like she might be too big for the booster I thought I wanted, and the ones I think she could fit in, say 12 months and up... so we'll see. Once we decide, we'll see if Mila recommends it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails