Saturday, September 11, 2010

Home Made Baby Food

I've been making Mila home made baby food since she started eating solids. It's easy: I just get a bag of frozen organic peas, for example, and then I boil it for about 10 minutes or so. Then I put the peas with a bit of the water it was boiled in into a small food processor and blend until it's puréed and creamy. Then I strain it and separate it into portions and freeze it.


Peas!






I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but it's really not that bad and I really enjoy doing it! Some foods are harder to make than others though - for example, carrots are hard to purée! They always come out kinda gritty. And I have no desire to make apples or pears; the peeling of the fruit and coring them just adds more work. So far, I've made peas, carrots, sweet potato, banana and avocado. Super easy and nutritious! If we do buy baby food, we buy the Earth's Best Organic brand and we'll get applesauce, pears, carrots and we just got squash too -- although she still hasn't tried it yet. I have no idea how to make squash. If she likes it, I'll see if I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails