Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bake December: Pumpkinammon Bars

So I woke up at 8:30 this morning and went jogging around my neighborhood. I jogged about 2.4 miles. I didn't love it. It was hard at first. But I did it anyway. And it didn't take me too long, only about 40 minutes. The weather was perfect -- nice and cool.

Then we went to pick up Blanca from the airport. She just arrived from her vacation in Dubai! She stayed with our friends Reuben and Gaby there. Sounds like she had a wonderful time! We picked up Bailey from doggy daycare and then had lunch at the Euro Cafe near her place. Bailey is such a cutie!

Then Jorge and I went to Sawgrass Mall to see if there were any deals. We shopped for a bit, but then I got a killer headache -- I mean KILLER -- and we went home. I hardly ever get headaches, but I swear, I think that's the worst one I've ever had. I fell asleep on the way home and I felt a little better when I woke up. When we got home, Jorge brought me a Motrin, tucked me into bed and then made us dinner. He was so sweet! I love how he takes care of me! I slept while he cooked and when I woke up, the headache was gone. Such a relief!! Since I felt better, I went ahead with my plans for what we now call "Bake December" where I make some baked goodies every weekend in December.

For this weekend, I decided to make Cinnamon Pumpkin Bars. I got this recipe from my coworker, Beth. A few days before Thanksgiving, I went to her house for lunch and she offered me some of these Pumpkin Bars her neighbor had made. I was reluctant at first because I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, but when I took a bite, I melted... seriously, they are sooooo good. I couldn't stop thinking about them over the Thanksgiving holiday and on Monday I asked her to track down the recipe! I was so happy when she emailed me within the hour and she'd found it!!



My first attempt came out really good -- I'm so happy I made them! I think next time I'll use half as much oil so they aren't so greasy. But OMG, they are soooo yummy! Here's the recipe! Give them a shot! You won't regret it!:)

They are actually more cinnamon flavored than pumpkin flavored, so I've been calling them Cinnamon Pumpkin Bars. Jorge is bent on calling them "Pumpkinammon Bars." If you hear him say that, this is what he's referring to. They are yummy any way you call them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails