Friday, February 12, 2010

Playdate with Baby Benjamin

Mila had her first date today... with an older man too! Today I met with Virginia and her 10 week old baby boy, Benjamin. Virginia and I met on TheBump.com messageboards and we realized we had a lot in common: we both had natural births, gave birth at the same hospital, had the same midwife, both of us hired doulas, and we're both into Attachment Parenting.

Sad to say, Mila wasn't the best date -- she slept through most of it. She woke up at the end though and needed a "snack". It was my first time feeding her out in public, that was not in my car. I used my nursing apron. I feel like I still fumble a bit to get her on right initially, but once she's on, she's good.

We spent most the afternoon talking about birth, naps, breastfeeding, poop, baby gear... all the hot topics in parenting! Virginia was so nice, and little Ben was a sweetheart! It was so great to see what he can do at his age and to anticipate what Mila will be doing in just a few weeks! He could laugh and was able to hold up his head on his own. And he had the cutest rolls! Adorable!! I can't wait until Mila's all plumped up!!!

Mila's social calendar is really filling up! We have a playdate with our friends Karina, Michael and Baby Liv on Saturday for lunch, next Thursday we have a playdate with with Amanda and Baby Mia and then Friday Mila and I are going to a local new mothers get together. We're looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails