Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Second Wedding Anniversary

Ok. There is no denying it now. We're pregnant!!!!!!! We laughed, we cried! We're over the moon with the news! And on our anniversary! We woke up at around 6:30am to take the test so we could have plenty of time before work to soak in the news. I wanted to call my parents as soon as we saw those 2 very bright, unmistakeable lines, but I really want to tell them in person, so I'll wait. I was walking on clouds all day. It's so hard to believe that this is real -- we're pregnant! It's the best day ever. :)

When we came home from work, Jorge had brought 2 roses for me. One for the 2 wonderful things we were celebrating: our anniversary and our baby-to-be. So romantic! We were planning on having our annual anniversary dinner tradition at a burger place. (It became a tradition because after our wedding we went to the hotel and we were starving! We ordered a burger for room service and set up a little table in front of our window. It was so romantic, sitting there with our wedding gear half undone with barefeet and scarfing down a burger. So simple!) But in light of our new little growing family member, we decided to do something a bit more healthy and went to our favorite Cuban place, Padrinos. It was also the place where we had our rehersal dinner, so it was still relavent to our wedding.

Over dinner we discussed how we would tell our family. Jorge had already told his sister that morning over the phone and was planning to call his mom in San Francisco to tell her the next day. I wanted to tell my family in person, so we arranged to have my mom and my dad, Blanca, Cathy, Cindy and Justin come over for dinner the next day, under the guise that we'd be showing them our new sofas that were just delivered.

I'm bursting to tell them!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails